Google has introduced its advanced artificial intelligence service Gemini Advanced in India, offering exclusive access to its most capable AI chatbot. As part of the launch, Google One subscribers can get two months of Gemini Advanced for free when they sign up for eligible plans, before paying Rs.1,950 per month thereafter. With conversational abilities across text, images, and more, Gemini Advanced aims to be a personal tutor tailored to users' needs. The service is powered by Gemini Ultra, Google's largest language model yet. This launch allows more Indian users to benefit from and provide feedback on Google's state-of-the-art AI capabilities.
What is Gemini Advanced?
Gemini Advanced is the premium version of Google's conversational AI service Gemini. It builds upon Gemini's existing natural language processing prowess with the addition of the cutting-edge Gemini Ultra large language model. Gemini Ultra incorporates recent advances in language AI to enable more natural conversations that can reason, follow instructions, code, and creatively collaborate across text, images, audio, video and more.
Some of the key capabilities offered by Gemini Advanced include:
- Carrying out informative conversations on a wide range of topics
- Answering complex questions by analyzing information from the web
- Writing high-quality content like articles, emails, reports etc.
- Translating text between languages while retaining cultural nuances
- Editing written material to improve clarity, conciseness and coherence
- Providing creative inputs for brainstorming ideas, composing music or generating images
Gemini Advanced allows users to tap into the full potential of Google's most powerful AI assistant to date for both personal and professional needs.
Accessing Gemini Advanced in India
Gemini Advanced is available through the new Google One AI Premium subscription plan. This plan starts at Rs.1,950 per month in India and also includes the following benefits:
- 2TB of cloud storage
- Access to Gemini across Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides and more Google services
- Google's AI-powered editing tools
Free and premium version
There are two versions of Gemini available: a free version and a premium version. The free version has limited features, but it is still a powerful tool that can be used for a variety of tasks. The premium version has more features, including:
- Access to a larger dataset of information
- The ability to generate longer and more complex text formats
- The ability to translate between more languages
- The ability to use Gemini in Gmail, Docs, and other Google products
- 2TB of cloud storage
- Access to Google’s AI editing tools
The premium version of Gemini costs Rs 1,950 per month.
Benefits of using Gemini
There are many benefits to using Gemini, including:
- It can save you time and effort. Gemini can automate tasks and answer your questions, so you don't have to do it yourself.
- It can help you to be more creative. Gemini can generate different creative text formats of text content, so you can use it to come up with new ideas.
- It can help you to learn new things. Gemini can access and process information from a variety of sources, so you can use it to learn about new topics.
- It can improve your productivity. Gemini can automate tasks such as scheduling meetings, taking notes, and summarizing documents.
Existing Google One subscribers can get a 2-month free trial of Gemini Advanced based on their current subscription tier. Besides the paid version, Google also offers a free Gemini chatbot with basic capabilities. This is accessible by simply visiting gemini.google.com and logging in with a Google account.
Retiring the Bard Chatbot
With the launch of Gemini Advanced, Google has chosen to sunset its previous Bard chatbot. Any attempt to access Bard will now redirect users to the Gemini service.
This transition underscores Gemini as the new centerpiece of Google's conversational AI efforts. Given its more advanced architecture and content moderation approach, Gemini is better positioned as Google's flagship chatbot.
Competition with ChatGPT and Copilot
The release of Gemini Advanced sees Google firmly join the race to dominate the red-hot AI assistant space alongside OpenAI's ChatGPT and Microsoft's Copilot.ChatGPT Plus offers a paid premium version of ChatGPT priced at $20 per month. Similarly, Copilot provides advanced coding assistance abilities to developers through a $10 monthly subscription.Gemini Advanced subscriptions will allow Google to monetize its AI capabilities to compete with these rivals. The integration of Gemini across Google's productivity suite gives it an advantage in catering to business users.
Going forward, Google plans to incorporate Gemini Ultra across more of its products such as Maps, Translate and Lens. Over time, Gemini Advanced subscribers can expect more seamless AI-assisted experiences across the Google ecosystem.
As AI capabilities continue to rapidly advance, services like Gemini Advanced foreshadow a future of increasingly intelligent applications enhancing our digital lives. With tech giants like Google investing heavily in this domain, average users stand to become the biggest beneficiaries of AI's progress.